Klaviyo is currently one of the best email marketing tools on the market. Perfect tool to segment your audience, create automated email flows, start your SMS marketing, upsell and cross-sell, and so much more. Email marketing generally makes 20-30% of overall profit in direct-to-consumer business. So, if you still haven't started your email marketing, you are definitely leaving a lot of money on the table.
Now, you might be wondering how to integrate your Shopify store with your new Klaviyo account. Shopify has a direct integration with Klaviyo that allows it to use data from Shopify for its email and SMS flows.
Benefits of connecting Klaviyo to your Shopify store
- Klaviyo takes all of the customer data from Shopify. That means, that you can create email and SMS flows with triggers based on events that happened in Shopify. You can also use this data to further optimise or create new email segmentations.
- Segment audiences based on data from Shopify. Klaviyo takes in all the Shopify collected customer data like AOV, conversions, purchase frequency, specific items bought, and more. This allows you to segment your customers according to hard data and make the most out of your Shopify email marketing. For advanced segmentation (like RFM) you can use third-party tools like Loyal and export the segments for Klaviyo.
- The direct collaboration between Shopify and Klaviyo guarantees that you will get the best customer support on both of these platforms.
- Use discounts created in Shopify in your email flows. Klaviyo can take already created discounts and place them into your email flows.
- Plus feature: Make the integration between Shopify and Klaviyo even more seamless and automated with Shopify Flow app. Flow lets you create workflows with triggers and conditions based on any Shopify data. Send out campaigns by using customised triggers and conditions and push events into Klaviyo.
Why should I start my email marketing with Klaviyo?
Klaviyo offers a lot of pre-made email templates and even completed flows. Flows like Welcome series, Abandoned cart, Shopify personalized product recommendations, or Onboarding.
If you are running Facebook ads to support your Shopify store, you can integrate Facebook with Klaviyo. That will allow you to segment audiences according to the ones you have set-up in your Facebook ads. That will let you personalise your emails even more.
User-friendly, drag-and-drop email builder. It is very easy to customise email templates or create even your own emails with Klaviyo. Prepare your content and then just place it wherever you want.
Klaviyo has an available free plan, until you reach 250 contacts. 250 contacts is not easy to get and gives you more than enough time to test the platform itself.
Why run SMS marketing with Klaviyo?
SMS on Klaviyo can be fully synchronised with your Shopify email marketing. That allows you to easily combine efforts of both of these channels. Using Smart Sending feature you can enable smart sending for your email and SMS flows. When smart sending is enabled, Klaviyo will first check if the customer has been recently contacted. If the customer has been recently contacted via email or sms, Klaviyo will postpone it’s SMS flow.
SMS consent for your Klaviyo account can be collected directly in the checkout or through your sign-up form.
Klaviyo SMS channel can use data from Shopify to send various flows like back in stock alerts, order received, abandoned cart or shipping confirmation.
How can my emails & SMS look like with Klaviyo?
I want to integrate Klaviyo with my Shopify store
If you are skilled in Shopify integrations, a manual on how to connect Klaviyo with Shopify is right here.