The Gift Box app that allows you to add a free gift with a purchase on Shopify got a major update. Let’s break down what has changed.
First and foremost, the mechanics behind adding a free gift shifted. Instead of creating a checkout with gifts shown as regular products discounted by 100%, Gift Box duplicates a gift product with a zero price and adds it to the cart if a customer accepts the offer.
You can access these duplicates in your Shopify admin. Their variants and stock numbers will sync with the original product data, so you don’t have to worry about tracking their availability. Plus, gift products are automatically hidden from your collection pages and search—you won’t face any issues with duplicate content.
Here’s what else is new in Gift Box.
New Gift Box features
- Gifts are now not only shown during checkout but are also visible in the cart. Customers can easily remove it from the cart even if they’ve previously accepted the offer.
- Different discount codes can be applied to the order that contains a free gift. The app supports free shipping and other types of discounts, and also respects discount limits.
- The app works with subscription apps. If you’re selling subscriptions, you can add free gifts to them.
- Gift Box can be seamlessly integrated with upselling apps that add offers at checkout.
- The app works with multi-currency stores.
We hope these updates will help you get more conversions on your store. And if you’re not creating free gift offers yet, consider giving it a try: 90% of shoppers become more loyal after receiving a gift. You can test out all Gift Box features during a 3-day free trial, and monthly subscriptions start at $29.99.