Candy Rack is a plugin for Shopify which allows store owners to offer customer services via a pop-up window. The app itself is relatively simple, but below are the most common questions. If your question is missing, just ask us using the in-app chat below. Happy upselling!
How to create an upsell offer?
Please refer to our step-by-step guide including screenshots and video.
My pop-up doesn’t work. Why?
If you don’t see your pop-up please follow these steps:
- First of all, make sure your offer is active by going to the Dashboard. Find your offer in the Upsells Overview list and make sure the toggle on the right side is set to active (i.e. green color). If the toggle is inactive, simply click on it to enable the offer.
- If this won’t help, go to settings of your offer by clicking at it in the Upsells Overview. Scroll down to the Targeting section and make sure it’s set up correctly. To trigger the offer for all products select Collections » All Products or just leave the targeting empty.
- Now go to any product page and click on the Add to Cart button. You should see a pop-up window including your offer. If you are testing upsell pop-up on your homepage, please follow this guide to adjust your theme a bit.
- If you still don’t see it, please get in touch with us using the in-app chat and we will happy to take a look and help you.
Important note: Please make sure the page is fully loaded before clicking on the Add to Cart button. Candy Rack script is loaded asynchronously so it doesn’t prevent other elements on the page to be loaded first.
I am offering a discounted upsell but the discount doesn’t work. Why?
This is very likely caused by a conflict between Candy Rack discounts and some other discounting/pricing/checkout app which is installed in the same store. Most often we see this happening with apps from Bold, HulkApps, and other developers.
Unfortunately, that’s not something we can fix on our side. When this happens you have a couple of options:
- Use Candy Rack only to control upsells and another app for discounting
- Contact developers of the other app and ask them to allow Candy Rack discounts
- Keep using only one of these apps
In general, discounting on the Shopify platform is very tricky since Shopify allows only a single discount coupon to be used per order. That creates various limitations and obstacles.
How to add more upsell offers on one pop-up?
Simply create a new upsell and use the same targeting. When targeting rules are matched, all eligible offers are displayed on the pop-up.
You can also control their position (order) on the pop-up using the Upsell position in the Advanced Configuration of each offer.
Can I change the wording or design of the pop-up?
Yes, you can. Simply go to Settings and change the wording and color of the main button.
For advanced changes, you can also insert your custom CSS code. Read our article about adjusting the pop-up style for more details and tips.
Can I display the upsell pop-up on my store homepage?
Yes, you can but only if you have a single product on your home page. Read our step-by-step guide on how to do that.
Can I upload a custom icon for an upsell service or product?
Yes, you can. Simply find the upsell product/service in your product catalog and upload your custom image or icon. Make sure it’s in the first position.
How to offer a custom service?
To offer custom service which is not listed in a pre-defined offer list, click on ‘New Upsell’ in the top-right menu. Then scroll down and find ‘Custom Offer’, click on ‘Customize’. Configure the offer per your needs and click on ‘Save’.
How many active offers can I have on one store?
There is no limit, you can have as many as you like. The pop-up window is responsive and will handle the practically infinite number of offers via a scrollbar.
Can customers still use discount coupons during the checkout?
This depends on whether you will give any discount on the bundled/additional product. If no, the discount coupon field will still be available.
If yes, customers won’t be able to enter an additional discount on their order. This is because the Shopify platform allows only one discount coupon to be used per each order.
Who is providing the pre-defined services (Gift Packaging, Extended Warranty) in the app?
These are just examples. We are not providing any services, we are just offering a tool to offer them to your customers. You are solely responsible for any services you will be offering through our app on your store.
What does the Performance Summary in the Dashboard mean?
Performance Summary tracks the performance of your offers. Views mean how many times your customers saw any offer. Transactions mean how many of them you have successfully sold and Sales for how much. Take Rate is the percentual take rate of your offers (e.g. Transactions divided by Views).
How can I contact you?
If you have any questions or request don’t hesitate to contact us using chat in the bottom right corner or at email@example.com.