The Shopify Plus plan is a dream come true for many merchants and a way to get the most out of their online business. However, a large portion of these merchants don't know about all the functionalities it provides. That's why today we'll introduce to you the main benefits of Shopify Plus and give you an idea of when you should start considering migrating onto this plan.
1. Up to 10 separate stores
One of the most sought after features of the Plus plan. With it, you can create up to 10 separate stores. Just duplicate your current store, upload the translated template + content sections—and you can start selling abroad!
Should you need to create more than 9 expansion stores, each additional store costs an extra $250 per month.
Another benefit of creating expansion stores on Shopify is the shared administration. Creating and especially managing additional stores on other Shopify plans is always complicated. You're wasting time jumping in between multiple tabs and logging into different stores all the time. On Shopify Plus, your store admin is unified and you can go from one store to another with a single click.
2. Access to the checkout code
Access to checkout.liquid code is another highly sought after feature of Shopify Plus. Making it available allows you to make various customizations:
- Redesign buttons, fields, links, banners and other elements
- Reorder sections
- Add new sections
- Add upsell offers directly into the checkout (this customisation can dramatically increase your AOV)
- And much more
3. Shopify Scripts
Shopify’s Script Editor is an app created by the Shopify team exclusively for the Plus plan. Script Editor allows merchants to change the properties of items in the cart or change shipping and payment options.
Scripts for line items
These scripts affect the items in the cart. They can change prices and trigger automatic discounts. Line item scripts are launched whenever an item is added, removed, or changed in the cart.
Scripts for shipping options
These scripts interact with shipping. They can change shipping method names and provide discounts on shipping rates. They run every time a customer goes to the shipping page in the checkout.
Scripts for payment options
These scripts interact with payments. They can rename, hide, and reorder payment gateways. These scripts are launched every time a customer accesses the payment methods page.
If you plan to optimize the purchasing and checkout process on your online store, Script Editor is the app that will allow you to incorporate the adjustments.
Examples of what Script Editor gives you:
- Ability to hide payment methods from certain customers
- Ability to charge for shipping options differently for certain customers
- Ability to reorder payment methods and shipping options
- Ability to automatically assign discounts to different customer groups
- Ability to change discount percentage according to the current order value
- And much more
4. High-speed server
The Plus plan is tailored specifically to stores with thousands or tens of thousands of orders per day. Shopify Plus stores are running on a different server than stores on plans such as Advanced Shopify, Shopify, or Basic. The Plus server is specifically set up to handle large numbers of incoming customers.
It can handle, among other things, the higher traffic caused by discount events such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday, with tens of thousands of customers flowing through the stores. The Shopify Plus server is ready for this and should be able to handle this kind of traffic without any problems.
5. Low transaction fee
Another advantage is a very low transaction fee. On Shopify Plus, it's just 0.15% per transaction. If you have an store with lower value products and a large number of monthly orders, a low transaction fee is important and can save you a lot of money.
6. Shopify Launchpad
Launchpad, like Scripts, is an exclusive app for Shopify Plus. Launchpad is designed to automate the process of creating and monitoring events on your store.
These events include:
- Discounts for a selected collection or products
- Launch of new products and collections
- Restock of long-awaited collections or products
What exactly can Launchpad automate?
- Changing the price of products at the beginning and the end of the event.
- Event data collection.
- Launch of design changes on your store. Such modifications include displaying event specific banners, promo texts, new product sections, and more.
- Scheduling scripts for items and shipping to change prices and provide discounts at checkout.
- Increasing stock levels at the start of the event.
- Password protection of your online store for a set period of time before the event to create excitement and anticipation in your customers.
Launchpad is a great app if you want to start managing your events and launching new content better, with accuracy and without stress.
7. Unlimited number of employee accounts
Shopify Plus has your employees in mind. The Advanced Shopify plan offers up to 15 separate staff accounts. However, that may not be enough if you're gradually building your e-commerce team.
Sharing a single account with multiple employees can cause problems, for example, bugs and glitches when saving changes or edits in the theme editor. Therefore, the ability to create an unlimited number of employee accounts can come in handy.
8. Wholesale channel
The wholesale channel is a great way to start selling B2B and D2C at the same time. This channel will create a copy of your current store that can only be made available to the customers you choose. This store cannot be found through any search engine.
How can a customer make a purchase on the wholesale store?
The customer can only access this store through a wholesale user account. You can invite customers to create an account, or you can create an account for them in the "Customers" section of the Shopify admin.
What are the advantages of the wholesale channel over a traditional store?
- Ability to set different prices for each customer
- Ability to set different pricing based on the quantity ordered
- Possibility to set different prices for shipping
- Option to send wholesale invoices to your B2B customers
- And much more
The wholesale channel not only saves you 1 more expansion store but also separates the store exclusively for your wholesale customers who will surely appreciate it.
If you want to find out more about the wholesale channel, its resources can be found here.
Shopify Plus is a great option if your store and online business overall is growing rapidly and you want to support that growth as much as possible. It's also a good choice if at least some of its features would save your capital or make it possible for you not to hire additional staff.
If you'd like to learn more about Shopify Plus or are planning to switch to it, reach out to us—we can help you grow your brand and make a smooth transition.