We are super excited to get our latest app published on the Shopify App Store. It's called Payster, and it will help merchants recover payments for unpaid orders by sending automatic email reminders.
What Orders are Unpaid
Unpaid order is an order that the customer has successfully submitted, is visible in your order list, but for some reason, the payment didn't go through yet. There could be various reasons why the payment is missing. Typically it's happening with offline payment methods (i.e., the ones that require additional action from the customer side) like wire transfer, cash on delivery, or cash-based payment like Boleto Bancário in Brazil.
Another type of order with missing payment is an order that has been edited. For example, if you manually add some products to an existing order, it will be partially unpaid. Or, if you are using any post-purchase upsell app like Last Upsell, some orders with added upsells may be left only partly paid.
The order status which Payster covers are following:
- Unpaid (payment pending) orders
- Partially paid orders
- Drives additional revenue from orders that wouldn't be paid
- Send automatic email reminders to customers to let them know about the unfinished payment
- Customizable email timeline, number of reminders, and content
- Automatically cancels unpaid orders after the set time, so they are not blocking the inventory
- Comprehensive analytics showing how much revenue has been recovered and how much is still unpaid
When to Use Payster
Payster is an excellent tool if you deal with any unpaid orders. After initial setup, it will automatically take care of the rest, and you can just sit back and see how much "lost" revenue it recovered.
- If you are using an offline payment method like Wire Transfer, Cash on Delivery, Boleto, etc.
- (to be available soon) If you are editing orders and adding items that require additional payment
- If you are using local pickups, you can remind customers to pick up the order
For a limited period of time you can get Payster subscription for only $9.99 per month. It will always come with a free trial period so you can test it out properly. There is an initial cap on the number of email reminders per month set to 2.000. We will be increasing this cap in the future based on the overall app usage.