Payster, our Shopify app for recovering unpaid orders gets a new important feature. You can also recover abandoned checkouts and turn the "lost carts" into your profit.
How does the abandoned cart recovery work
Abandoned checkout is technically a checkout that is not finished (i.e., the order is not submitted) within an hour. Payster uses the customer's email to notify them about the unfinished order. Checkouts with an empty email address, unfortunately, can't be recovered.
The recovery is fully automatic, and you can set up three email reminders to be sent at specific times. You can also customize the contents of each email.
If the customer completes the checkout and creates the order, they will no longer receive scheduled reminders (if any).
How to set up the recovery in Payster
Setting up the abandoned checkout reminders is pretty straightforward.
- Open your Payster app and navigate to Settings
- In the Reminders section, switch to Abandoned checkouts
- Enable one or more reminders. Click on Edit to adjust their content and send out times
- That's it, from now on, all the abandoned checkouts will get the reminder(s)
We also highly recommend turning off the standard Shopify cart abandonment notifications, so your customers aren't getting similar messaging. You can turn them off by going to your store admin > Settings > Checkout and unchecking the option "Send abandoned checkout emails automatically" (if checked).
Tips and best practices for abandoned cart reminders
Here are a few simple tips and recommendations for what we know works well for checkout recoveries.
- Use all three reminders
- Set the send out times to 1 hour, 24 hours, and 72 hours
- Use a different tone of voice in each reminder and increase the urgency in the latter ones
- Offer a small discount (5 to 10%) for finishing the purchase in the last reminder
- Add an unsubscribe link at the of the reminder in case the customer has already completed the purchase or created another one
We hope the new feature will bring you value and help your business grow.
Payster is a Shopify app for recovering unpaid orders (i.e., orders waiting for payment) and unpaid checkouts. The recovery is made via automatic email reminders sent to customers.
Payster subscription starts at $9.99 per month, and you can test it for free for 14 days.