Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who will help us get the automatization, reliability, & scalability of our infrastructure to the next level. You will be the first DevOps engineer in the team, so you will have a lot of freedom in decision-making but a lot of responsibility at the same time. To give you a brief idea of what challenges are ahead of us, here's a list of issues that we're currently struggling most with:
- Zero infrastructure as a code: when creating a new environment, it needs to be done manually via dashboards of our infrastructure providers
- No auto-scaling: We're losing money by running resources that we don't need.
- A missing status page that our team and customers could rely on
- Weak monitoring of our services: sometimes it is the customers who report an outage
- Advanced operations with Postgres: moving large datasets, upgrading to new versions without an outage, etc.
- You’ve already worked as a DevOps Engineer in your previous job.
- Understanding of modern web applications concepts & development
- Experience with relational databases operation & maintenance (we use mostly Postgres)
- Experience with writing infrastructure as a code
- Experience with setting up and operating monitoring & alerting systems
- Experience with Heroku is a plus
Our tech stack
- Infrastructure: Heroku, Postgres, Redis, S3, Mailgun, Cloud Flare, CircleCI, Sentry, Papertrail, Elastic APM
- Backend: Python, Django, RQ (alternative to Celery)
- Frontend: TypeScript, React
- Tools: Slack, JIRA, Notion, Loom
Why join us
- Our apps have a real impact on clients' businesses. Often seen immediately. There is no doubt we truly help and create additional value for our clients
- We are no startup, "business as usual" company, or even corporate. We are a dynamic company that combines the best from each world. A company where people enjoy working and create additional value
- We don't have any external investors (neither are we looking for any). Everything we do is bootstrapped. We do things our way, making sense to our clients and us. Common sense and customer-centricity are our key values. Besides that, we also help others in need and respect our planet
- We operate as a truly remote-first and async-first company. Anyone can freely choose their workplace and time because we care about the outputs and results