Who we are looking for
Experienced Python / Django developers to join one of our two teams.
The first team is in charge of the development of the existing apps. And we face several challenges:
- Development of the new complex app for larger online stores that will merge some of our existing apps.
- Breaking monoliths into Service Oriented Architecture.
- Improvement and consolidation of our Log Management and APM.
- Development of the new features for our existing apps and their maintenance.
- Scalability. Our client base is constantly growing, requiring optimizing on both application and infrastructure levels.
The second team is focused on the development of innovative apps. At the moment, we are looking into e-mail marketing and Shopify product catalog areas.
- You enjoy solving complex tasks and challenges in Python and Django.
- You have experience with at least one commercial project developed in Python and solid knowledge of at least one web framework (Django / Flask / FastAPI, etc.). You understand web applications.
- You were solving performance issues on the application level (i.e., slow HTTP requests, SQL queries, etc.).
- You can take overall responsibility for bigger tasks. Based on the business requirements, do technical analysis, gather required inputs from the teams, implement, and oversee the new feature's successful deployment. Ideally, that's something you enjoy and feel comfortable in.
- You are comfortable communicating with other teams/colleagues. You are proactive, open to suggestions and feedback, pitch and prove your solution.
- You know how to work remotely. Not just because of the covid. We do have office space in Karlin, Prague, but our team is remote-first.
- Another plus is experience with dev-ops and infrastructure. So you can potentially help us with optimizing it, setting the monitoring, etc.
Our tech stack
- Backend is based on Django + PostgreSQL. API for the frontend is built internally in the REST framework. Asynchronous tasks are based on Django-RQ. All our technologies are up to date (Python 3.8, Django 3.2)
- Fronted is based on React.
- Our apps are built on the Shopify platform, so using Shopify APIs is our daily routine. Btw. Shopify is an extremely developer-friendly platform and community – the Shopify CEO is an ex-developer. It's a great chance to learn and inspire from their APIs and SDKs.
- Apps are hosted on Heroku.
- Source codes are on Github.
- We communicate via Slack, share internal knowledge in Notion. And for product management via use JIRA.
Why join us
- Our apps are still relatively small (from the technological POV). So we can fine-tune the details and release a new feature within a few days. Or do a refactoring that has an immediate impact.
- We have cracked the development process – setup environment, continuous integration, code reviews, testing, deployment, etc. All these initial pains are solved.
- Our apps and online stores have a real impact on clients' businesses. Often seen immediately. There is no doubt we truly help and create additional value for our clients.
- We are no startup, "business as usual" company, or even corporate. We are a dynamic company that combines the best from each world. A company where people enjoy working and create additional value.
- We don't have any external investors (neither are we looking for any). Everything we do is bootstrapped. We do things our way, making sense to our clients and us. Common sense and customer-centricity are our key values. Besides that, we also help others in need and respect our planet. That's why this year we aim to become a carbon-neutral company.
- We operate as a truly remote-first and async-first company. Anyone can freely choose their workplace and time because we care about the outputs and results.